One of the biggest myths we hear is that in order to launch a paid membership site or start a community driven business, is that you must start with hundreds or thousands of social media followers or email addresses all your own.
So, you may not have thousands of social media followers, or a large email list, heck, you may not even have a website.
We’re here to tell you that it just isn’t true, and it is not the place to start.
Start by focusing on a few simple strategies to bring awareness, and to perfect your idea, mission, product or service. Not only can you create a successful membership site and/or launch a community driven business that will leapfrog your competition.
How to leapfrog the competition?
It’s easy when you don’t have the heavy task of moving hundreds, thousands, or millions of followers to a cloud community. You also do not have the same set of limiting assumptions as those who’ve built big social media followings or rely on meaty email lists.
Now, that’s not to say that you’re not going to have to get a little creative, stay focused, and start small, but so many of our cloud communities have been launched by influencers or organizations who:
- Don’t have a social media following
- Don’t have an email list
- Don’t have a membership structure built yet
And they are on their way to some pretty great results.
What sets these emerging influencers or organizations apart from the rest of us?
They have an idea that’s memorable, and it’s specific enough to capture people’s imagination and attention.
That’s it. That’s all you need.
What’s the best way for me to get started with a cloud community?
Here’s our recommendation:
- Join a Webinar. Register and join our monthly webinar where one of our community experts can share the latest enhancements and helpful tips to grow your online community. If you are just starting out, you can quickly build your confidence and foundation (including how to launch from scratch)
- Join the Community Center. This is a resource for community leaders. We recommend several popular articles specifically designed for people who already have a community and how-to articles to maximize your cloud community.
- Get started with a free account. Create a Marketplace or start a free trial with our Community Plan and get access to a ton of great resources, from a video tutorial to a summary of features and key features. Schedule a Free session with a community expert that will support you with getting started.
How to move my existing community?
Here are some tools and ways that our community experts can support you with upgrading your audience to a Cloud Community.
- Customize your member experience. With over 60 points of customization to choose from, you can create a tailored member experience. Define roles and grant them permissions, create Groups or define your new member survey.
- Invite or Migrate, that is the question. – Well, it’s not profound, but it is an important first decision that you will need to make. Inviting one, ten, a hundred, thousand or million is as easy as 1, Customize your welcome Message, 2 tell the community cloud the email addresses and it will send them a customized invite and 3, your invitees can register with their email address, or Facebook, Gmail or LinkedIn social media account.